SEPTEMBER 2017 : Check the News and Updates page for our 2017 exam results, and our participation this year in BBC CBeebies iSpy Detective series.
The Margaret Wilcox School of Speech and Drama was established in 1972 by Margaret and is based at Plumley Village Hall
- There are 5 hour-long classes per week held on Monday and Tuesday evening for students age 4-18.
- The aim is to nurture confidence and self-esteem and to celebrate individual personalities.
- The classes provide an outlet for self-expression using improvisation and mime, movement and role play, aiding the development of imagination and artistic awareness.
- Social awareness and interpersonal skills are prioritised through drama games, team activities and group responsibilities.
- There is an annual opportunity to take exams in Verse and Prose or Acting, following the LAMDA syllabuses.
- Students are encouraged to bring to class books they have enjoyed reading and share their enthusiasm.
- Copies of poems are provided for reading aloud and learning.
- There is an opportunity for all students to perform, in costume if appropriate, on stage as part of a whole school presentation.
There is, of course, time for students to chat, laugh and have a great deal of FUN!