OCTOBER 2017 : Our CBeebies programme for the BBC won an award! 😀
See the News and Updates page for further details.
The Margaret Wilcox School of Speech and Drama was established in 1972 by Margaret and is based at Plumley Village Hall
- There are 5 hour-long classes per week held on Monday and Tuesday evening for students age 4-18.
- The aim is to nurture confidence and self-esteem and to celebrate individual personalities.
- The classes provide an outlet for self-expression using improvisation and mime, movement and role play, aiding the development of imagination and artistic awareness.
- Social awareness and interpersonal skills are prioritised through drama games, team activities and group responsibilities.
- There is an annual opportunity to take exams in Verse and Prose or Acting, following the LAMDA syllabuses.
- Students are encouraged to bring to class books they have enjoyed reading and share their enthusiasm.
- Copies of poems are provided for reading aloud and learning.
- There is an opportunity for all students to perform, in costume if appropriate, on stage as part of a whole school presentation.
There is, of course, time for students to chat, laugh and have a great deal of FUN!